Wednesday, March 21, 2012

March Progress

It feels like I have been spending a tremendous amount of time contemplating my projects lately.  It seems I have hit the "...but do I love it?" phase too many times this March.  For starters, I have my Damson shawl, made with Madelinetosh Sport.  This yarn is sought after, and I  love it.  As the yarn price approaches (close your eyes Phillip!) $50 for two skeins, I  can't help but wonder if the yarn is better suited to another project (say a Mara shawl?).  It has hit the bottom of the bag as I mull it all over but sadly, I think it is inches from the frogging pile.  (That is not to say that I don't enjoy the pattern by Ysolda.  In fact, it is one of my favorite patterns, as it has a line by line stitch count which I found insanely helpful.)

My Rosebud hat has also gone absolutely nowhere, as I decide whether I really want another navy colored hat.  I am still very much in love with my 16 Cable Hat (see post a while back) and am wondering whether the Malabrigo in Marine is really going to be worth the effort.  I have recently decided to make a Kathleen hat (by Jane Richmond) and my mind is racing---is there really a such thing as too many hats? To a (traditionally)  non-hat wearing gal, the answer is yes. :( 

All is not riddled with doubt though, on my needles is a Boneyard Shawl in Quince & Co Chickadee.  I am in serious love with the Chantrelle colorway and am having no anxiety about this one.  I think it will be a go to piece for this upcoming fall and winter.  

I guess the moral of March is that I have lots of work to do. 

No comments:

Post a Comment