Saturday, August 25, 2012

August Progress

I have been quite lazy about posting my FO's lately! I hadn't even realized that I had finished three since Rosebud until earlier today when I thought "hmm, it has been a long time..".  So apologies for being a lazy blog mama.  Since Rosebud, I have finished a hat, and two cowls getting me really very close to my 12 in 2012 deadline. 

First, I made a Honey Cowl in various shades of Cascade 220 for a dear friend.  I've made this pattern numerous times and am getting a little burned out on it, but I wanted to make a multi-colorway version before it escaped my brain.


Then I made The Natural Hat, (which an excellent free pattern on Ravelry) for Phillip, who I know will  kill me if I make him another hat.  This was made on size 7's with Cascade 220 in Cocoa.  It was an interesting pattern and kept my head amused, so I recommend. 

After Natural, I used my vacation splurge of Madelinetosh Merino Light in Trodden to make a Sid Cowl from Quince and Co. It is a simple knit/purl cowl (like Avery) but in fingering weight.  I loved this.  It was easy enough to take along with me and knit on at work and on breaks and the size 4 needle gave me the drape I wanted. 

Next up, I see a lot of colorwork projects for fall.  First is a Zig & Zag cowl, and then one of the many fair isle hats and/or glove patterns I have been drooling over lately! 

Happy Knitting! 

No comments:

Post a Comment