Saturday, August 23, 2014

Finished: Madigan & Tea with Jam

And so I have hit my knitting stride again...  Since my last update over a month ago I have managed to finish two sweaters.  This has brought my total yardage for the year to over 9000, or more than 2011 and maybe 2012. 
 
First, I knit Madigan by Melissa Labarre.  This ended up way better than I expected.  I say that because I used Berroco Comfort, which is a bit underwhelming.  I've wanted to try it on a garment for a while now and this seemed like a good project. I am really happy with the end result and am even more happy that I will be able to throw it in the washer without any extra care. (I will need to take better FO photos eventually...)

 
I embarked on another Tea with Jam and Bread sweater.  You may recall (probably not) that my last one ended up being a bit too big and I gave it to Phillip.  Well.... this one is no different.  I think I have an issue with having that much (4+ inches) ease.  I will have to reknit this in a size small so that I am not swallowed.  Either way, it fits him well and I didn't have to battle the mental anguish of wanting to knit for myself and not him. 
 
There were alterations on the stripes that I made in preparation for it being mine... For example, I didn't want stripes across my shoulders.  I didn't want to appear broad.  Ultimately it didn't really matter since it is his now.  Thankfully I didn't do any waist shaping or place any feminine touches.  I am starting to think that this pattern just doesn't want me.

Anyway, I have been knitting dutifully on a Breakwater sweater by Cecily (I can never not mention how much I love her) in Silky Wool.  It is going well but I am anxiously awaiting the start of Elfe in tosh merino light.... must work quicker so that I can start it!

Happy Knitting
 

No comments:

Post a Comment