Monday, July 9, 2012

Finished: Haruni (!!!)

I am feeling quite the high after finishing a project that has been in my queue for years.  Today, after 4 hours of a tedious Icord bind off, I finished my Haruni shawl.  Like I have said in previous posts, Haruni always felt like the "it" project for me... the project I would finish and feel like a "real" knitter.  I am not sure why it held so much weight in my book, I certainly have worked adventurous lace projects before, but I felt intimidated by the 15 page pattern for a long time.  I am happy to say that after about two weeks, I have finally arrived! And it is beautiful.


In other equally great news, I am already approaching the four mile mark of yardage this year! 


2 comments:

  1. Oh. My. Gosh.
    It's absolutely perfect! I, too, look at Haruni as one of those "it" projects. I don't know if I'm ready yet- it looks so intricate and beautiful. And that bind-off looks LooOOooong. haha. Just beautiful.

    ReplyDelete