Sunday, July 22, 2012

Finished: Stripe Study

Yesterday, I bound off my Stripe Study Shawl... Not sure if you remember, but I also made a Different Lines in Cascade 220 Fingering a while back? As much as I wanted to love it, I had some issues with how visible my wrap and turns were. After long research, I knew before I started SS I better lower my needle size and pull really damn tight if I wanted to love this $60 project.  Well, I did and I do! 
I used a size 4 needle with the Madtosh Sport and I am amazed at how large it turned out after less than a week of easy garter stitch.  I was really impressed with how well the yarn blocked out, too.  I have used other Madelinetosh yarns, but not the sport and certainly not a color like Tart. I expected to sit the piece in its bath, only to have a big bloody mess of dye everywhere and the project ruined.  (I had read lots of horror stories and of course, I was too lazy to worry about silly things like washing the yarn beforehand...)
Anyway, way to go Veera-- I love it! 


2 comments:

  1. Ooooh it's so gorgeous ♥
    Good to know you had no bleeding issues- that would have been ruinous!
    And the new blog layout! What is it? I like the mosaic view ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It is a custom magazine dynamic layout (their words, not mine)... I am still working on how I will put it all together. Not sure if I love it but it's a work in progress. Also working on a knitting podcast!

      Delete