Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Finished: On the Grass & Arrow Cape

I have been terrible at updating lately.  For one, I started a new job and am a little mesmerized by my new duties and my wonderful four day work week.  I wish I could say I have been knitting up a storm but thanks to Phillip, I have been trying my hand at riding my bike a lot more and trying to quit being such a lounge about.  Our apartment is beginning to get hot inside, so it is almost worth going out and getting a little breeze these days.  In the meantime though I have finished (maybe?) an On the Grass Sweater by Joji in Malabrigo Rios.  I finished the body and then became convinced that I wanted/needed another tank top.  A dear knitting friend, Vanessa politely questioned whether I would wear a wool tank top... well, that probably doesn't seem very practical to the average person but put me in Malabrigo and I will sweat in it until the death.  I still need to do a simple crochet edging around the arm holes (Phillip coyly told me they look raggedy for the time being), but I am still very happy with it.  The way I see it?  I could add those ribbing sleeves later in the year when I actually need them :) 

Also finished was a test knit for gorgeous knitter Courtney, and her Arrow Capelet.  This is everything I needed: quick, easy to carry and made in the softest alpaca.  Hopefully she will release the pattern soon so everyone can get in it on the cape thing.  I was hesitant at first thinking I would look  like a psych patient but I am actually quite happy with it. 

Happy Knitting!

No comments:

Post a Comment