Saturday, October 5, 2013

Finished: Salander & Toulouse Pullover

The weather is turning quickly and my needles have been clicking away.  I wish I could say I have completed more, but my instinct to hoard with fall and winter approaching gets a tad out of hand.  Finished recently was Salander, a pair of leg warmers in an easy four row repeat.  The pattern can be found for free on Ravelry and was a nice break from my natural tendency to knit big items.  They were finished in about ten days and the Quince and Co Chickadee is always nice to work with. 

I also finished my Toulouse Pullover in Berroco Ultra Alpaca earlier this week.  The yarn is beautiful and so soft.  The pattern was incredibly simple and this flew out of my hands in no time.  I would highly recommend the pattern.  It seemed easily adaptable and I've already enjoyed wearing it once this week. 

I've been working on a Featherweight Cardigan out of 220 fingering in a doe-y like color... It is moving along much more quickly than I anticipated, and it will mean the completion of my first fingering sweater!  All those tiny stitches seemed so daunting at first but Hannah Fettig really does a great job writing mindless yet enjoyable patterns... so here's hoping I won't give up anytime soon. 

Fall/Winter means my queue is beefing up quickly.  Pre-planning has begun for Kara (in Elsebeth Silky Wool), Stomping Grounds Pullover (in Berroco Vintage DK), Lady Marple (in Berroco Vintage), Heliotrope (in Eco+) and Buckwheat (in Malabrigo Sock--swoon).  Is insanity making me believe that I could legitimately finish 5 sweaters before we ring in 2014?? 

Happy Knitting! 

No comments:

Post a Comment