Thursday, March 3, 2011

Finished: Clapotis

My Clapotis is finally finished! I used one ball of Madelinetosh Pashmina in the Thyme colorway. I would totally recommend this pattern. Loved the pattern, love the yarn... what more could I ask for? I could have easily used the other ball, but I think this size will be perfect for summer. For my birthday Phillip bought me a nice wood shawl pin (in the shape of a bird!) which will match wonderfully. I am looking forward to wearing it soon! (You can see more photos of the Clap here or by using the link in the project bar on the side of the page.)


Phillip's sweater yarn finally arrived earlier this week and I am swatched and ready to begin. I imagine I will be finishing it in the fall, so don't be surprised if it hibernates over the summer and you don't hear much.
I am really looking forward to starting a Baby Sophisticate sweater for our soon to be nephew. I had purchased some Louisa Harding Fleuris in a (so-so) green color, but now that I have gender confirmation, I ordered Blue Sky Cotton in a nice beige-brown color. (I initially wanted to make a black sweater, but heard that babies "absolutely should not be in black"... Since I have no kiddos I will assume that to be truth, but just know mine will have a drawer full.) I have made many Baby Sophisticate sweaters, and beyond the con that they are tiny if you follow gauge, the pattern is really well written and easy. I should have one cranked out in a day or two which is good news since I have a second one to make for my dear friend in Michigan who is due in early July.
Must stalk the post man until the yarn arrives!

No comments:

Post a Comment