Saturday, February 9, 2013

Happy Birthday to Me...

Yesterday was my birthday and I promised myself a little splurge.  I visited my usual LYS and dug around for a while and found a beautiful skein of Sweet Fiber Yarns (in color Fossil) that I had to have.  I milled around for a really long time and nothing was striking my fancy.  I ended up in deep conversation with a few of the ladies who work there and before I knew it they were talking me into buying an interchangeable set.  Here's the thing, I have needed a set for a really long time.  I find myself digging around for needles that don't exist in my collection; even Phillip has been trying to talk me into the splurge.  But for whatever reason I decided to take the plunge yesterday... the set is by Knitters Pride and somehow I wound up feeling quite smug when I realized they were half the price of the Addi's I have been eyeing for years. The ladies also told me that should I have an issue with a needle or a cable I can bring it into the store for a replacement.




In actual knitting news, I cast on a Sugared Violets shawl by Rose Beck yesterday.  I have been fawning over this pattern for a while--it is simple, but the end result strikes me as looking complicated without trying too hard.  I have been moving along on the increase sections and this special hand dyed skein seems to be perfect. 

Also, to top off the birthday knitting extravaganza a wonderful friend sent me the pattern for the Eternity Cardigan by Brooklyn Tweed.  If only I had 1600+ yards just lying around... Off to the drawing board to find the best deal I can for this amazing project. 
Happy Knitting!

2 comments:

  1. Awwe happy birthday! You deserve that set ; interchangeales are the best! As for the sweater, yarn hunting is kinda the best part.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awwe happy birthday! You deserve that set ; interchangeales are the best! As for the sweater, yarn hunting is kinda the best part.

    ReplyDelete