Sunday, February 10, 2013

Stash Update

The birthday weekend extravaganza is almost over.  I can't say I am happy; in fact, I am dreading the return to "real" life.  When can I have three full days off to do nothing but knit and shop for yarn as my heart desires?  Of course, we all know about my splurge on my needles; it didn't really hit me until today after a trip to a yarn store when I picked up a sweaters amount of Malabrigo Rios (in Pearl Ten) for a Driven sweater... say, if my gauge is off that's no big thing, I'll just dig in my little plastic bag and try another!  It is something I won't be able to take for granted.  The yarn is beautiful and I couldn't resist.  I had to cast on for a gauge swatch (yes, seriously).  I seem to remember the pattern being slightly intimidating when I bought it a year and a half ago but I have knit many sweaters since then and when I pulled it out of my binder just a few minutes ago, I read it breezily, thinking, "Oh hell, I can do that!"... I guess so is the progression of a knitters life.  













I also picked up a skein of Noro Silk Garden Sock... I couldn't help myself.  As I have mentioned, I have been on a serious blue kick lately.  I found myself drawn to it, but I had my mind made up on getting it before I even walked into the store.  


All of these purchases were made possible by the generous gift certificate my mother in law gave me yesterday.  I feel so incredibly lucky that my family really gets or accepts how obsessed I really am.  Even Phillip mentioned something flippantly to me when discussing what he had told someone to get me for my birthday.  It went something like this: 
Me: "Well, what did you say?" 
Phillip: "I said yarn. It's all you ever want."  

No comments:

Post a Comment