Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Finished: Gemini

I am currently putting all that Fiber Christmas yarn to use!  This past weekend I finished my Gemini shirt made from the Brooks Farms Solo Silk of a few posts ago.  The pattern was easy to follow despite having a needle break mid project and having to perform major surgery on my garment.  The minor flaws aren't too bad, and the end result is very comfy and will likely be a go to top for spring and early fall. I certainly can't complain since the entire project cost about $40 and the pattern was free. 

I even managed to start another Pendulum shawl this weekend with Shibui sock and the Lost City Knits skein from FC.  This form of the project is making me much happier than my other two attempts.  After a day or two of knitting I am approaching being done with a lot of yarn to spare.  I have decided to go further than the called for 5 stripes, but the rows are starting to get incredibly long and the short rows have become a little tedious.  Either way, worked on a size 4 the wrap and turns are a lot less visible than I thought they would be so I am happy.  I still have yet to learn a truly invisible method, but to be honest, I haven't spent much time looking for an invisible garter one either. (Cocoknits has a great method on her website!)

Also on my cast on list is a Kit Camisole in Shibui linen in the velvet colorway.  Can't wait for this one!  Just finished reading the pattern over and I am sold.... linen and a tank top.  I have a feeling someone will have to pry the FO out of my cold, dead hands. 

Happy Knitting!

PS. Remember the arrow caplet I finished a month or two ago?  Courtney has released the pattern on Ravelry and my photo is even featured on the page.. Go buy it! 

No comments:

Post a Comment