Sunday, December 8, 2013

Finished: Seagrass & Sand and Sea Shawlette

Well, we had our first snow day this past week and it was every bit as delightful as I hoped.  I am getting a tad stir crazy now as I approach three full days in the same pajamas but returning to work ought to fix that right up.  Anyway, it gave me plenty of time to knit, so no complaints here.
 
I was able to finish my Seagrass cardigan by Cecily in Berroco Vintage DK.  This thing is pretty cute! I tend to prefer really oversize or tight and this is tight in a way that I am not accustomed to.  Overall, I am pretty happy with it and it took very little yarn;  I think I barely broke into the third skein.  And it took me less than a week.
 
I also finished a gift for a dear friend K, the Sand and Sea Shawlette in Coastal Knits.  This one is made with tosh merino light and as you can imagine, is to die for.  I am really sad to see this one go.  The yarn is so subtle and the pattern was well written.  I made the body in garter to avoid having to pick up all the wraps, and I have to say, I think I like it better than the stockinette versions I have previously stalked.  Hopefully she will love it.
 
 
I've also just begun a secretive color work project for Rachael, who gifted me the beautiful handspun.  Once that is complete, it is off to Rock Island for Julie... you know, I keep reading the pattern, over and over and over and over, and it appears to not be too difficult but it's one of those times that you know when you're actually knitting it, it has the potential to make you want to rip your hair out? Oh, but the finished project will be amazing.  I just know it. 
 
Off to wind some yarn...
Happy Knitting.

No comments:

Post a Comment