Saturday, January 25, 2014

Finished: Rock Island, Stucco & Dissent

I feel a bit swamped at the moment which is why my updates have flat lined.  That doesn't mean I haven't been knitting like a mad woman.  In the last 25 days I have finished three projects bringing my yardage total to over 1000!  First was Rock Island.  I will spare you the horror of the entire story (sorta..)... The project wasn't nearly as difficult as I thought but, I still managed to screw it up enough to not be able to gift it to Julie, which majorly pisses me off.  Sure, it could be worse but I still can't do it... sigh.  If I could stomach another, which I probably could, I would be sure to take a hard, long look at everything prior to bind off.  Funny enough, the worst part of the shawl is the garter stitch, which should have been a walk in the park...

I tested for Lisa Mutch again and made Dissent.  A two color fingering shawl at loose gauge.  This knit up incredibly quickly and has already found a home with Rachael.  I used Berroco Ultra Alpaca Fine and will totally make another before the year is over.  Lisa's patterns are so well written and easy to follow.  The last few designs by her have been welcome as they allow me to get an aethestic that I love without wanting to rip my hair out.  I have no doubt this design will be extremely popular once released next month. 

And lastly, the make up gift for Julie after the Rock Island catastrophe of 2014: Stucco by Rose Beck.  I used a new yarn--Juniper Moon Farm and was very impressed with it.  This shawl was made with worsted weight and while the body is extremely easy to keep track of, the edging is where it makes its mark.  The border is comprised of an eight row repeat where you wrap the yarn around a stitch numerous times.  This does use a massive amount of yarn, but the end result is totally worth it.  I love Rose's patterns and this one is no different.  I just hope Julie will love it and that it won't be too heavy in the Florida heat. 


Happy Knitting!

No comments:

Post a Comment