Thursday, December 29, 2011

Finished: State Street

Sometimes, I don't need something... like I really didn't need another cowl, but I had to have it.  This design, State Street by Pam Allen has been calling to me for some time.  I decided to make mine a lot smaller than the pattern states mainly for functionality, but I think the original, over sized design would be great, too.  I would say this pattern took me about 10 full hours of knitting on the smaller needles so a nice and easy stash buster. (You can find my mods on my project page on Rav.) 

I also began Phillip's cabled gloves last night out of the Cascade 220 that I picked up during the after Christmas sale.  The pattern, Vancouver Fog, is just enough to keep me interested, but nothing too frustrating.  I am somewhere around 30% done with the first glove, so hopefully by the new year P's hands will no longer resemble icicles. 

More importantly, I am getting closer to my 5 mile goal... I am about 200+ yards away, so I better get to my needles before work! 


No comments:

Post a Comment