Saturday, December 24, 2011

Hurry up! It's almost 2012!

Okay, I've been slacking a whole lot on my 5 mile goal for the year.  I haven't picked up my needles much in the last week except to begin an ill fated attempt at a Toasty glove made with Rowan Felted Tweed left overs from Guernsey.  It isn't an epic failure or anything, but I have yet to pick up the stitches needed to begin the thumb and then I still need to make another.  I should have known better, but really, they were an attempt to practice for the start of a cabled glove project I plan to begin for Phillip, should I ever stop procrastinating.

I am hoping to make it a little further in the next few days, as I am planning a last minute assault on my LYS for some yarn to begin a State Street Cowl.  I have also cast on and frogged a Marian cowl about twenty times, but I will spare you the gruesome details.... I have some stash yarn picked out for that, but I fear the rope-like structure of the yarn will clash badly with the cabled motif... (If you are a knitter, I know what you are thinking.... you'd just have to see the starts I have had to understand... ropey and cable sounds great together, but not in this instance.)  Anyway, as Christmas approaches I am becoming more and more aware of how fickle I am when it comes to my knitting.  Perhaps, it is a coming of age tale, about how far I have come in the last year.  Not knitting for the sake of knitting (which really isn't a bad thing at all), but really, trying to put out something that will be of real use and beauty in the collection that is my hand knits.

Should I be hibernating as holidays pass to get closer my goal, I am wishing much happy knitting!


No comments:

Post a Comment