Saturday, December 29, 2012

2013 Planning

No new projects to show off as I have taken a break from knitting for the last four days--who knew that was possible?  Oddly, or not so oddly, I have been acquiring yarn at the speed of light, daydreaming about the projects to come in 2013.  Just recently, I picked up a lot of 220 in Yakima Heather for a planned Tea with Jam & Bread for Phillip.  I had been going back and forth on it for a while, mainly because the pattern seems so expensive but when I realized that I would be able to make a male size for him and a womanly size for me, it really eased my decision.  I should be casting on Phillip's in the coming day or two. 

I recently picked up skeins of Berroco Vintage Chunky (Cracked Pepper) for my own version of the Crisp and Gray Vest by Veera Valimaki.. I have used Vintage many, many times but never the chunky version.  I am looking forward to it despite hearing the pattern is rather confusing.

I also picked up skeins of Malabrigo Sock for a to be determined later project.  I am struggling deciding what pattern to use for this disgustingly beautiful yarn.

In other yarnie news, I tried my hand at dyeing this past weekend thanks to a good friend Julie, who gifted me some Lambs Pride Bulky, kool aid and a great book! Perhaps my crock pot method of a few years ago was deathly off, but I've never had luck trying my hand at it.  This time though, I couldn't help but smile with glee when I realized the water was actually clear..Hot damn! I think this could be a long running love affair to come.  

2013 seems to be full of possibilities.  I can't keep my mind from wandering to the next project, the next idea, the next yarn buy.... Hopefully in the coming twelve months I will be knitting even more than this year, and these are some of the projects I am hoping to conquer (full list can be found on my Ravelry queue):

Happy Knitting!

No comments:

Post a Comment