Tuesday, December 25, 2012

Finished: Lattice Top & More

2012 has been an amazing year of knitting for me.  It is hard to believe that almost 365 days have passed from the point where I started tabulating my yearly yardage total.  So far, I have finished 10 shawls, 12 hats, 11 cowls, 6 sweaters. 3 pairs of gloves, a blanket and a few other things.  I can't really remember this year without seeing needles  in my hands. (I can't stop thinking about what I will knit in the coming year.... The list is long, but I will get back to that as the month draws near, ie next week!)

Earlier this morning, I bound off a Cap Sleeve Lattice Top by Purl Bee in Elsebeth Silky Wool.  Dreamy yarn, easy pattern, and an end result that really matches my personal style. 

I recently finished an Ishbel Shawl in Malabrigo Sock in the Persia colorway.  What an amazing little shawl.  Now I understand why there are thousands of project pages on Ravelry.  Yay for Ysolda Teague and her designs.  I gifted this to my mother in law for Christmas and I really hope she loves it as much as I do! 

And an Oaklet Shawl in Classic Elite Miracle.  My mother in law picked this yarn out while visiting a yarn store I had never been to... the yarn is tencel and alpaca.  The end result is fuzzy and soft.  And the pattern can be found for free on Rav.

I gifted my sister in law a recently finished Pasha Hat in Malabrigo Silky Merino.  Jane Richmond can really do no wrong when it comes to hats..

I'd say it was a fruitful few weeks.  I am approaching 12,300 yards for the year and I am desperate to see just how far I can go.  Off to the drawing board and to my stash to continue on! Happy Knitting! 

No comments:

Post a Comment