Friday, November 29, 2013

Finished: Agnes & Terra

I wasn't kidding when I said I was dying to swatch for my Agnes sweater in Malabrigo Chunky.  I ended up finishing it in record time, something like three days and haven't wanted to take it off since! Melissa LaBarre  has always been a favorite of mine and this pattern proves why.  It is a lovely (and easy) raglan and so easily customizable.  The end result does fit (yay!) and I love it.
 
Right after the bind off for Agnes, I cast on a Terra shawl in some 220 that has been laying around for a long time.  I finished it up last night after an X Files marathon and it is huge! I should call it my accidental poncho.  I guess I didn't realize 600 yards of worsted on size 9's would be so epically large on me, but I am really happy with it.  I have been eyeing the pattern for at least a year or two so I am glad I finally pushed myself to it...and even better, I easily surpassed my self imposed 15,000 yard goal for the year.
 
      
 
 
With my long weekend, I am planning on swatching for a few things including a Seagrass cardigan by my knitting crush Cecily Glowik Macdonald.  I also need to begin planning my last few holiday gifts but I feel like I can coast for the rest of year knowing I've made major strides in my knitting life.  ALSO, expect a huge update early next week when my large Webs order arrives! :)
 
Happy Knitting!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment