Thursday, November 10, 2011

Finished: Avery

A while back Quince and Co released Wool Book One, a majorly droolworthy collection of patterns designed by two of my knitting crushes, Melissa Labarre and Cecily Glowik MacDonald.  The collection is amazing; it is rare that I find 5 patterns in one place that I adore equally. I remember immediately sending off emails like, "OMG! Did you see this?!?!!"... It took me a while to get over my initial lovefest/shock but last week I cast on an Avery cowl for my sister in law.  I can't tell you how much I loved this pattern... First, the number of cast on stitches is high, it makes rows feel a little long, but you end up with a lot less repeats which always makes me happy.  Secondly, I am positive that the stitch  motif will work with a variety of yarns and a variety of fibers (as a testament I knit this in Berroco Comfort which is machine washable and never lost any definition).  And last, it just looks cool
This was a quick knit, and I am already excited to make another! 

In other news, I have given Phillip (not so cool) bragging rights as  I have knit over 4 miles of yarn this year so far! My goal is 5 miles, so I have a lot of work to do before the end of next month.
Back to my needles... 

2 comments:

  1. Ohhh.. I want to learn pretty designs like this. And FOUR MILES?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. you can't knit this...then i can't knit it for you!

    and yes, over 4 miles of yarn this year so far. something like over 7000 yards! next year, i will double, hopefully!

    ReplyDelete