Thursday, November 10, 2011

Finished: Turn A Square Hat

I wasn't lying when I said I was impressed with Jared Flood's patterns... This week, after finishing a secret project for my sister in law (will post tomorrow, after I give  it to her!), I decided to cast on a Turn a Square hat for Phillip with some stash left overs.  The darker color is from his nowhere near finished Cobblestone Pullover and the lighter green, Turtle, is a purchase from a trip to Colorado a few years ago.  The pattern was incredibly fast in worsted weight and very easy to follow.  I cast on as the pattern states, did an increase round and dove into the jogless stripes (which are nowhere near as complicated as the knitting gods would have you believe).  Once I got to the decrease rounds my attention went off (too much tv, I suppose.) and I made a few minor mistakes.  Nothing you can actually see, and it didn't make any difference in the hat, other than make it a few rows taller which is probably a good thing. Not much to say about the hat, I like it and the final touches with the decreases rows really help elevate it from a regular striped hat. Here's hoping it will keep Phillip warm this winter. 


No comments:

Post a Comment