Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Finished: Copy Cat Hat

The weather seemed to chill incredibly quickly this year.  Normally, I am happy to have a few days in between of coldish weather, but this year, I woke up and realized it was freezing outside--literally! 

In order to keep my head warm, I recently cast on a Copy Cat Slouch Hat, which is a free pattern on Rav. I had been going back and forth on the pattern for some time but since I have seemed to misplace my Crooked Paths hat (oh no!) I broke down. I used Cascade 220, which isn't a particularly nice yarn (in my opinion), but it is a great general work horse that always works up thick and warm. I made the entire hat on size 7 needles, and the pattern repeat is a measly four rows that are incredibly easy.  Overall, I am happy with the result and think this would be a great go-to project for slow days when my inspiration is hibernating. (The pattern mods I used are listed on the project page--be sure to check out any helpful projects if possible.)  

In other news, during cyber Monday I was able to pick up a pile of Berroco Weekend Chunky for a yet to be determined sweater.  More details on that later! 

No comments:

Post a Comment